Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Less Than 8 Weeks to America





That's right! In less than 8 weeks' time, I'll be flying off to stay in a continent that I had never stepped foot on in my entire life, to stay for at least 7 years, maybe more or forever.



Am I excited? You can bet on that for sure! And I have many reasons for that:



1. To unite with my lovely beloved wife in every possible way (heh heh...)



2. To pursue my MBA, something I'd never thought of doing, never had much training or experience at all, but essential for my future plans



3. To leave my current job! Oh yeah... can't wait for that last day. There are many things that I had grown to love about my company in the past 5 years, but there are also many MORE things that I had grown to hate about my company in that same amount of time. And I'm really glad I'm moving on...



4. To experience autumn, winter, spring and summer! Woohoo!



5. To work in America



6. To meet my friends - Elmo, Cookie Monster, Baby Elmo, Baby Cookie, Dr Eric Lien, Timmy, Davy, Ron (nope, I didn't forget about camping, bro!), Inge', Donna, Mys Lyke Meeh, Small Footprints, Traveling Chemist, Fenny & Andrew, Amy Then, and so many more!



7. To meet Americans that I admire in person - like John Grisham, Steven Spielberg, President Obama, Warren Buffett, etc.



8. To explore America! I have heard of, read of, so many interesting places to visit in the States, and oh yeah, I'm looking forward to that!



9. To run the half marathon, and eventually the full marathon in America, including winter runs! That'll be sooooo cold... ooppss, I mean COOL! Looking forward as well to all the scenic running trails.



10. To attend one of Joel Osteen's service!



11. To leave behind the stupid Malaysian politics, government, mentality, education system, quality of service, blah blah blah. You know it. You name it.



12. Heck, the list is endless. So I'll stop here for now. But nothing will stop me from leaving!



What will I miss in Malaysia?



1. The FOOD, of course, especially Sarawak food, like kolo mee, laksa, kueh chap, etc.



2. My family and friends.



3. Errr... I think that's all. LOL



Looks like I'm more than ready to leave behind Malaysia! LOL and that is not a surprise at all. Ok, maybe you'll tell me that there'll be more things that I'll miss when I'm already there in America for 6 months, for a year, two years, etc... but seriously, I don't think so. It's just like me staying in West Malaysia for more than 10 years now. Do I miss Kuching? Other than the food, my family and friends... NOPE.



I guess there'll be a lot of farewell lunches and dinners. Heck, I'd already been booked for dinner on Aug 30. And a lot more to come, for sure.



There is a time for everything... and God made everything beautiful in its time (excerpted from Ecclesiastes 3:1-11).



And it's time for me to leave :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Inge' said...

I hope you are not going to Cali. They only have 2 seasons black and brown:) Southern Cali. anyway. I am looking forward to reading about all the sights and thought you have about America!

Congrats on finally coming over!

Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Deboshree said...

Hey there John!

Found you through Ron's blog.
Hehehe..you are so excited to go America.I hope it fulfills all your expectations and more ^_^

Your wife lives in America? You guys had a long distance relationship?

Love
Deboshree

Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:17:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Inge' :) Nope, not heading to Cali (thank God!) but Columbia, Missouri. How far is that from Elvisland?

Hi Deboshree! Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Actually, she went over there (first) a little over a year ago to do her residency. We started off here (dating) in Malaysia, got engaged, before she left for the States. During her 2-week holidays, she came back recently, and we got married :)

Friday, August 14, 2009 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wow! Can't imagine it's really this soon you'll be leaving, probably for good.

Great reasons to get excited to go over there! Look forward to seeing you around before you leave...and also when you do come back for your kolo mee. :)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home